Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Comments on Chapter 21 part 1

I had a lot of trouble with this section (Chapter 21 part 1 of Cerelian Gold) and have fiddled with it many times. Part of it is the seduction attempt. How would Dilven try to seduce her in a way that would be in his character (mostly badly); how would Candice react to his efforts, especially in a state of exhaustion aggravated by drugs and stress; and how do I get the right combination to get to the next piece of the story? And wrapped up in that is how far to take it for the audience? I try to recall how much is implied, how much described, how much done with and without description in books I like, movies I like, how much I could stand family members and friends reading of my imagination... (I've read books that go lots further than I opted for, providing much fuel for my already vivid imagination). In this case, I couldn't take it too far because I've set Candice up to not handle it well, and her role isn't done yet. I've also played with the idea of making Dilven better at it, but that would require I know how it could be done... and come up with the right lines for an alien on top of that!

1 comment:

  1. A deeper look, this warrants me thinks. Okay, really bad Yoda impersonation, I know. But, what I'm trying to say is I am intrigued by what you have written, and I wish to know more. Tell me more! Heheh, keep up the good work.

    -Bryan Stearns

    ReplyDelete