Friday, December 30, 2011

Fiction Friday - I Resolve NOT

This weeks challenge is dedicated to anti-Resolutions: 10 creative things that we resolve NOT to do in the coming year. Here are 10 of mine:

1. I will not teach my cat to cook chicken with her warm tummy so that she can have that for dinner and I can save a few minutes every day for writing.

2. I will not spend half the year crocheting a full size christams tree complete with all the ornaments and light chords so that I can unroll it and be done with holiday decorations in one step.

3. I will not go to the mall to hire a five year old child to sit at my table every holdiay so that I have an excuse to bake and decorate more holiday cookies and candies.

4. I will not turn into a political activist raising money to persuade Presidential candidates to give everyone a dollar back on their taxes for every plastic bottle they reuse in the construction of a foot rest.

5. I will not invent a means to get food to leap from cans and packages into the oven to become full course home-made dinners.

6. I will not write a six volume collection of recipes and how-to guides for every craft and dish I’ve tried or want to try in my lifetime so that no one will ever have to write a how-to guide ever again and the bookstores can be filled only with fiction.

7. I will not write a billion-dollar smash hit book and movie series guaranteed to make the new generation forget LoR, Star Wars, HP, and Dr. Who..

8. I will not turn the room full of fabric into a chimney-to-basement quilted house cover to pretect the house from every kind of weather and everything else that can go wrong with this old house for the next decade.

9. I will not travel to every country and state on my still-havent’-but-want-to list so that I can settle down at home thereafter and never need to face travel security again in my lifetime.

10. I will not buy the ultimate hand-held computer with all the gee-wiz gadgets and apps, including all the unlimited monthly services needed to make it work, only to find out that someone else has invented the must-have replacement at half the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment